General Data Protection Regulation: Privacy
This privacy notice provides information about the personal information we process about you,
in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. Dalton Group Ltd is a metal recycling business at the following addresses:
15 Youngs Road, East Mains Industrial Estate, Broxburn, EH52 5LY;
52-66 Salamander Street, Leith, EH6 7LA;
247 Shettleston Road, Glasgow, G32 5JL;
2. Our ICO registration number is 00010077498
3. Please contact Nataliya Kindzhakova using the email address:
GDPR@daltonmetals.co.uk with any questions
or requests about your personal information.
4. Your rights: We are committed to protecting your rights to privacy. They include the right
- Be informed about what we do with your personal data.
- Have a copy of all the personal information we process about you.
- Rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Be forgotten and your personal data destroyed.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Object to the processing we carry out based on our legitimate interest.
5. The personal data we process, why we process it and how long we keep it for: As a scrap
metal dealer, we are required by legislation to keep certain records for three years.
These records may contain personal data and include:
- Names and addresses of suppliers of scrap metal and others we transfer metal on to.
- Verification of names and addresses such as copy driving licences, passports and utilities bills.
- Cheques and receipts confirming electronic transfers.
- Vehicle registration numbers.
6. Legitimate interests: We also process the following information because it is in our
legitimate interests as a business buying and selling scrap metal to do so:
- CCTV footage (retained for one month unless it is needed for the investigation of a
- Scrap metal dealer licence numbers, including documents related to our own licence
(retained for 2 years).
- Waste carrier registration numbers and any documentation related to our own licence
(retained for 5 years).
- Associated environmental permitting and waste shipment information (retained for 5 years).
- Invoices, receipts and accounts (retained for 6 years).
- VAT and tax returns (retained for 6 years).
- Employee data: As an employer, we process personal data pursuant to contracts of employment with our employees
and retain this information for six years. The information includes:
- Names, addresses and contact details. This may include next of kin details.
- Pay and bank details.
- Curricula vitae, contracts of employment and appraisals, references.
- Health information with the employee’s explicit consent, which may be withdrawn at any time.
7. Sharing Personal data: We share personal data internally strictly on a need-to-know basis.
Access to identity records and personnel files is limited to designated individuals. Hard copy documents are stored
securely. Where these documents are stored electronically, they are protected and/or encrypted. We do not share
personal data with anyone external to the organisation, other than:
- Our professional advisers.
- Police services (in connection with the investigation or detection of crime).
- Local authorities, Environment Agency, HMRC or VAT Commissioner (where required by law).
- Pursuant to a court order.
8. Information Commissioner’s Office: If you have any concerns about the way your personal
information has been processed, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113.
Privacy and Cookie
We have created this privacy
statement in order to demonstrate our firm and continuing commitment to the privacy of personal information
provided by those visiting and interacting with this web site. We hold the privacy of your personal information
in the highest regard. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this
We recognize the importance of
protecting your privacy and our policy is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and
safeguard the personal information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using
our site. This policy will be continuously assessed against new technologies, business practices and our
What Information Do We
When you visit this web site
you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is
collected on an individual basis and Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others
browse our Web site.
1. Personal Information You
Choose to Provide
When you register for any of our products, services or newsletters you will provide us information about yourself.
This information will not be stored on the website.
No credit card information will
be requested or collected via the website.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with
your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we
employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
2. Web Site Use Information
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called "cookies" (see
explanation below, "What Are Cookies?") and web server log files to collect information about how our Web site is
used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages
viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site. We do not
collect or use personally identifiable information from cookies.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to
Broadly speaking, we use
personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing the products and services
you requested, to process your payment, to monitor the use of the service, our marketing and promotional efforts
and improve our content and service offerings, and customize our site's content, layout, services and for other
lawful purposes. These uses improve our site and better tailor it to meet your needs.
information or business information will not be shared with other parties except as required by
A cookie is a very small text
document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a Web site, that site's computer
asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for
cookies. Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to
protect your privacy) your browser only permits a Web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not
the cookies sent to you by other sites. Browsers are usually set to accept cookies. However, if you would prefer
from your hard drive or pass on computer viruses.
How Do We Use Information We Collect from
As you visit and browse our Web
prevent you from having to log in more than is necessary for security. Cookies, in conjunction with our Web
server's log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Web site and which parts
of the site are most popular. This helps us gather feedback to constantly improve our Web site and better serve
our clients. These cookies do not allow us to gather any personal information about you and we do not
intentionally store any personal information that your browser provided to us in your
IP addresses are used by your
computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on
the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of
demographic and profile data known as traffic data so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent
Sharing and Selling
We do not share, sell, lend or
lease any of the information that uniquely identify a subscriber (such as email addresses or personal details)
with anyone except to the extent it is necessary to process transactions or provide services that you have
How Can You Access and Correct Your
You may request access to all
your personally identifiable information that we collect and maintain in our database by emailing us at the
What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of
We may disclose information
when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for
the protection of our legal rights. We may also disclose account information when we have reason to believe that
disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be
violating our Terms of Service or to protect the safety of our users and the Public.
What About Other Web Sites Linked to Our Web
We are not responsible for the
practices employed by Web sites linked to or from our Web site or the information or content contained therein.
Often links to other Web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to
the users of our Web site.
Please remember that when you
and interaction on any other web site, including web sites, which have a link on our Website, is subject to that
Web site's own rules and policies. Please read over those rules and policies before
By using our Web site you
consent to our collection and use of your ip address for web demographic purposes only as described in this
If you have signed up to
receive our regular mailing, you can decide to opt out at any time by replying to the newsletter with "remove
me" in the subject line.
We may change this Privacy
permission to do so. We will post any changes here, so be sure to check back periodically. However, please be
without your prior consent.