|Page: Privacy and Cookie Policies|
General Data Protection Regulation: Privacy Notice
This privacy notice provides information about the personal information we process about you, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. Dalton Group Ltd is a metal recycling business at the following addresses:
15 Youngs Road, East Mains Industrial Estate, Broxburn, EH52 5LY;
52-66 Salamander Street, Leith, EH6 7LA;
247 Shettleston Road, Glasgow, G32 5JL;
2. Our ICO registration number is 00010077498
3. Please contact Nataliya Kindzhakova using the email address:
GDPR@daltonmetals.co.uk with any questions or requests about your personal information.
4. Your rights: We are committed to protecting your rights to privacy. They include the right
- Be informed about what we do with your personal data.
- Have a copy of all the personal information we process about you.
- Rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Be forgotten and your personal data destroyed.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Object to the processing we carry out based on our legitimate interest.
5. The personal data we process, why we process it and how long we keep it for: As a scrap
metal dealer, we are required by legislation to keep certain records for three years.
These records may contain personal data and include:
- Names and addresses of suppliers of scrap metal and others we transfer metal on to.
- Verification of names and addresses such as copy driving licences, passports and utilities bills.
- Cheques and receipts confirming electronic transfers.
- Vehicle registration numbers.
6. Legitimate interests: We also process the following information because it is in our
legitimate interests as a business buying and selling scrap metal to do so:
- CCTV footage (retained for one month unless it is needed for the investigation of a
- Scrap metal dealer licence numbers, including documents related to our own licence
(retained for 2 years).
- Waste carrier registration numbers and any documentation related to our own licence
(retained for 5 years).
- Associated environmental permitting and waste shipment information (retained for 5 years).
- Invoices, receipts and accounts (retained for 6 years).
- VAT and tax returns (retained for 6 years).
- Employee data: As an employer, we process personal data pursuant to contracts of employment with our employees and retain this information for six years. The information includes:
- Names, addresses and contact details. This may include next of kin details.
- Pay and bank details.
- Curricula vitae, contracts of employment and appraisals, references.
- Health information with the employee’s explicit consent, which may be withdrawn at any time.
7. Sharing Personal data: We share personal data internally strictly on a need-to-know basis.
Access to identity records and personnel files is limited to designated individuals. Hard copy documents are stored
securely. Where these documents are stored electronically, they are protected and/or encrypted. We do not share
personal data with anyone external to the organisation, other than:
- Our professional advisers.
- Police services (in connection with the investigation or detection of crime).
- Local authorities, Environment Agency, HMRC or VAT Commissioner (where required by law).
- Pursuant to a court order.
8. Information Commissioner’s Office: If you have any concerns about the way your personal information has been processed, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113.
Privacy and Cookie Policies
We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm and continuing commitment to the privacy of personal information provided by those visiting and interacting with this web site. We hold the privacy of your personal information in the highest regard. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website.
We recognize the importance of protecting your privacy and our policy is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using our site. This policy will be continuously assessed against new technologies, business practices and our customers' needs.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit this web site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Web site.
1. Personal Information You Choose to Provide
When you register for any of our products, services or newsletters you will provide us information about yourself. This information will not be stored on the website.
No credit card information will be requested or collected via the website.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
2. Web Site Use Information
Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below, "What Are Cookies?") and web server log files to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site. We do not collect or use personally identifiable information from cookies.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing the products and services you requested, to process your payment, to monitor the use of the service, our marketing and promotional efforts and improve our content and service offerings, and customize our site's content, layout, services and for other lawful purposes. These uses improve our site and better tailor it to meet your needs.
Personally identifiable information or business information will not be shared with other parties except as required by law.
What Are Cookies?
How Do We Use Information We Collect from Cookies?
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as traffic data so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
Sharing and Selling Information
We do not share, sell, lend or lease any of the information that uniquely identify a subscriber (such as email addresses or personal details) with anyone except to the extent it is necessary to process transactions or provide services that you have requested.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect and maintain in our database by emailing us at the usual address.
What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights. We may also disclose account information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service or to protect the safety of our users and the Public.
What About Other Web Sites Linked to Our Web Site?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by Web sites linked to or from our Web site or the information or content contained therein. Often links to other Web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Web site.
If you have signed up to receive our regular mailing, you can decide to opt out at any time by replying to the newsletter with "remove me" in the subject line.